The 6th edition of Truck & Bus World Forum 2013, focusing on the ‘Next Steps for Global Sustainable Transport Solutions’ will be held between 21 – 22 November 2013 at the Rhône-Alpes Region Council headquarters in Lyon, France and will gather around 300 key executive players in the transportation industry.
The Truck & Bus World Forum is an international conference that brings together, the global leaders of public road transport (bus) and commodities (trucks) every two years. Its objective is to compare points of view, to promote exchanges and encourage networking so that international executives can enjoy the Forum to put into perspective the challenges of tomorrow and the inherent industrial innovations.
The Forum is at the crossroads of applied research, implementation by the users, public policies and the industry. It welcomes academicals and researchers, users, decision makers, OEMs and suppliers of the truck and bus industry. Over two days, 30 international speakers and 200 professional makers will discuss global and sustainable transport solutions around three axes: improving energy efficiency, the development of smart green corridors and optimization of co -modality.
This year, the European Automobile Manufacturer’s Association ACEA is the strategic partner of this new edition. ACEA represents the interests of 15 European manufacturers of cars, trucks and buses at the European level
New in 2013: A call for posters!
Poster sessions will be organized during the breaks of the Truck & Bus World Forum. Professionals are invited to take this opportunity to present their ideas, innovations or their most recent case on the transport of people and goods. Participation in the poster sessions is free. Abstracts must be received online by October 15. All terms and conditions of participation are at: www.truckandbusworldforum.com
New in 2013: An optimized website!
Visiting http://www.truckandbusworldforum.com you will find all relevant information on the conference, the speakers, registration details and the call for posters.
29 international speakers confirmed!
The Truck & Bus World Forum will welcome, again this year, high quality speakers with international reputation. It allows French and European public (simultaneous translation of English / French is provided for each edition) to access the main leaders of influential companies in the world, but also representatives of local and national communities looking for “best practices” to better regulate transport within their territory. Following the plenary sessions, sessions of questions / answers and networking breaks are scheduled to discuss individually with each participant.
Here is the list of confirmed speakers:
– Jean Jacques Queyranne, Région Rhône-Alpes, President
– Daniel Gouffé, ERAI, President
– Patrick Oliva, Michelin, Prospective director & challenge Bibendum Director
– Håkan Karlsson,Volvo AB, Vice – president
– Pierre Laurent, European Association of Automotive Suppliers, Senior Manager Technical Department
– Umberto de Pretto, IRU, General secretary
– Christoph Domke, IHS, Principal analyst, truck market
– Philippe Hamet, European commission, DG-MOVE
– Marc Lejeune, Renault Trucks, Research Director
– Lucas Walter, AVL, Vice- president Commercial Powertrain Systems
– Gordon Exel, Westport, Vice-president sales and marketing, America & Europe/EMEA
– Steven Liu, Université de Kaiserslautern, Professor
– Malin Noren, Automotive Sweden, Director
– Bernard Jacob, IFFSTAR, Scientific Director
– Patrick Mercier-Handisyde, European Commission – DG Research & Innovation, Head of urban mobility
– Sylvain Haon, POLIS, Director
– Dirk ‘T Hooft, CO3 European project, Project manager
– Sabina Jeschke, Faculté d’ingénierie mécanique – Université RWTH Aachen, Vice dean
– Peter Sweatman, ITS America, Director of the Michigan transportation research institute
– Chris Koniditsiotis, Transport Certification Australia, General manager
– Niels Tørsløv, Copenhagen City, Traffic Director
– Jean Coldefy, Greater Lyon, Traffic and Public transport programs coordinator
– Laetitia Dablanc, IFFSTAR, Senior researcher
– Jerker Sjögren, Lindholmen Science Park, Programme manager, CLOSER
– Peter Wells, Road and maritime services of New South Wales (Australia), Director freight and customer services
– Yves Crozet, Laboratory of transportation economy, Director
– Daniela Rosca, European commission – Head of the Clean transport & sustainable urban mobility unit
– Jean-Louis Gagnaire, région Rhône-Alpes, Vice-president in charge of economic affairs
– Jean Mesqui, ERTICO, President
Partners and sponsors of the Truck & Bus World Forum The Truck & Bus World Forum is proud to count among its sponsors Renault Trucks, Iveco Bus, Westport, as well as Europart Trading, IHS, Avon Automotive, MGI COUTIER and AVL. The Society of Automotive Engineers, the CSIAM but also IFFSTAR and Commercial Vehicles Cluster are also sponsors of the event, as well as Mobility Mag, Wolters Kluwers, CSC and Wolk Aftersales Experts.
Truck & Bus World Forum Organization The Truck & Bus World Forum is coordinated by ERAI, the armed wing of the region for economic development. The organizing committee includes representatives from the City of Lyon, the Rhône-Alpes region, Volvo Trucks, Renault-Trucks, IVECO Bus, IFPEN, Lyon Urban Truck & Bus cluster, the Chamber of Commerce of Lyon and IFFSTAR . The Program Committee is made up of international experts (Australia, China, Japan, UK, France, USA) responsible for defining and coordinating the issues addressed by the Truck and Bus World Forum.
Contact : www.truckandbusworldforum.com
Journalist entrance upon agreement:
QYD Consulting for ERAI
Emmanuel Piegay, General manager
Tel : + 33 6 74 11 97 57